SCHD Employment Opportunities
School Health Resource Advocate
To support our schools in their efforts to maintain safe in-person learning and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and other diseases in the school setting, the Saginaw County Health Department is hiring Health Resource Advocates (HRAs). HRAs will provide school districts with front-line support for COVID testing and reporting, help districts identify emerging COVID-related health concerns, and amplify best all-around health practices. HRAs can be nurses, social workers, community health workers, or new college graduates with a public health degree who are looking for an opportunity to get involved in the health/education of communities. These positions are CONTRACT with the health department directly with daily work performed directly at school district buildings located in Saginaw County.
Essential Job Duties:
- Serving as the public health representative at the school district, providing health guidance, education, and training to the school.
- Tracking and reporting all school associated positive COVID-19 cases to the Saginaw County Health Department.
- Assisting with contact tracing and testing close contacts as necessary.
- Staying current on the emerging COVID-19 guidance to appropriately answer questions.
- Identifying and reaching out to students at-risk (for COVID-19) for social issues related to social distancing and offer guidance and information.
- Helping school districts identify emerging COVID-19 and other health-related concerns and determining health strategies appropriate for the district.
- Providing leadership and professional development opportunities for quality public health services to the school district for prevention of communicable diseases, including COVID-19.
Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Nursing, Public Health, Health Education, Community Health, Social Work or a related field, plus two years of professional experience. Master’s degree may be substituted for professional experience requirement.
Note: nurses and social workers must be licensed to practice in the state of Michigan. A valid Michigan driver’s license is required.
HRAs are contract positions with the Saginaw County Health Department. Individuals selected for these positions will sign contracts of employment August 1, 2022, through July 31, 2023. Work is full-time hours and will be assigned to specific school districts in Saginaw County. Candidates will be required to drive to assigned schools and must obtain a professional liability insurance policy. Registered nurses will be compensated at $40/hour and all other positions will be $30/hour.
How to Apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter addressed to Christina Harrington, Health Officer. Applicants may request a school district in their cover letter; however, school assignments will be made by SCHD. In the subject line type: HRA Application
Deadline to apply is: June 30, 2022.
SAGINAW COUNTY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. SAGINAW COUNTY DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, AGE, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, NATIONAL ORIGIN, OR DISABILITY.